Saturday 19th September, 7.00pm
- Adams Short Ride in a Fast Machine
- Dvořák Carnival Overture
- Elgar Enigma Variations (excerpts)
- Mozart Jupiter Symphony – Finale
- Pärt Cantus in Memory of Benjamin Britten
- Prokoviev Romeo & Juliet – Death of Tybalt
- Shostakovich Symphony No. 10 – 2nd Movement
- Sibelius Symphony No. 5 – 3rd Movement
- Vivaldi Four Seasons (excerpt)
- Zimmer Pirates of the Carribean
- Williams – Star Wars = encore
Put 90 top-flight musicians on one stage, and there’s no limit to what they can do. Three centuries in the making, the symphony orchestra is still the ultimate piece of music technology: at home in the concert hall or the movie studio, and capable of summoning up over 300 years of music in breathtaking live sound. Tonight, Michael Seal and the full CBSO walk you through an A to Z of the orchestra: with music ranging from Adams’ Short Ride in a Fast Machine to Hans Zimmer’s Pirates of the Caribbean!
If you’re not sure where to begin with the CBSO, come along for just a tenner to find out more. And if you’re a regular – why not bring a friend to introduce them?